The necessary basic knowledge for this is provided in the Technical Knowledge and Components modules, to which they can refer at any time.
All training content is taught by means of audio clips. Additionally, the narrative text can be viewed on the sitemap.
From the contents:
- Selection of sensors in one of the clamping units of a processing centre
- Advantages and disadvantages of various end position sensors on cylinders
- Simple displacement encoders on cylinders
- Use of pressure sensors to improve safety in pneumatic systems
- Use of flow sensors to safeguard system cycle times
- Output signals from sensors
- Connection technology
- NO/NC (Normally Open, Normally Closed)
- Switching functions
- Sensors for end position detection: Pneumatic and mechanical limit switch, reed switch, transistor switch, Hall sensor, position sensor
- Types of pressure measurement
- Sensors for pressure measure-ment: Mechanical pressure switch, electronic pressure sensor,
- Sensors for flow measurement: Volumetric flow meter, effective pressure principle, ultrasonic flow meter, mass flow meter, heat-loss method